Pilanesberg National Park
Before # 1, I just want to state that though I know I 'm good, I also know that I sometimes miss sightings. I also know that I don't know everything. However, I spot very well & knows more than most. BUT; I have been matched on the 20 Jan 05 trip by both Dan and Liesbeth, a Swedish couple as well as by a real honey nicknamed hawk-eye by her mates during the Easter 2004 trip! About 1% of my clients are naturals, a rare talent! And then April 2007 by a 13yo girl, Rebecca, who totally outspotted me. So I offered her a job.....! And then in Jan 09 by Xavier
1. Any vehicle doing Pilanesberg tends to pick up a squeak or 2 - so have we. So in transit there can be an irritating noise. We do our best to always fix this, silicone spray etc, but the squeaks keep coming!
2. We don't wash and polish our Kombi before a trip, just a wash. A rhino charged his reflection so we got smart. We wash the windows inside and out and the insides are clean.
3. The aircon has been disconnected - if running I tend to get a throat infection.
4. The heating now works but we don't use it. Heating makes the driver drowsy at 4 am so we stick with blankets.We didn't take blankets and pillows right away in Winter 2003 but we keep learning....
5. I 'm not a cowboy and won't drive or act recklessly but unfortunately I cannot take responsibility for idiots in the Park. So when I approach elephant right and then get 5 metres from them as they approach me, I will of course be lax to move when some a$%hole comes up behind me and leaves his diesel engine running. I was there first and the fact that Mr idiot aggrevates the elephants could make them come right for me, like they did once.....
6. Note that the normal wear and tear rates doesn't apply to Pilanesberg. I replaced 7 tyres in 2004. The alignment on the front goes for a ball within the 1st trip after it's done. So this is a cost you carry!!
7. You can be sure my vehicle is in a great shape. We do our COF (Certificate of Fitness) in Sep yearly. We have passenger liability of R5 Mil as by law. But I did sideswipe the balloon trailer that was parked in the middle of the road in April 2007 .....
8. I have an extra window in my Kombi; it is not standard!
9. 2nd Lastly , DUST. We drive with open windows and when some roads have just been scraped, there is a bit of dust. Live with it!
10. I 'm not a qualified guide but have offloaded registered guides I 've taken with at the gate due to their lack of knowledge and people skills. It is extremely embarrassing when you have clients and have to go out your way to take a "professional" to the gate from inside the park. I am registerd as a Theta learner guide as required by law but can't see why I should do my RPL (recognition of prior learning) as the whole DEAT approach is a disaster and it will fall away in 2007. I have done my Fgasa 1& 2 course as well. It's all about competence - you either are or you're not. If Theta doesn't fall away I will grin and bear it and do my RPL.
Sleeping in transit!
Pilanesberg Dawn to Dusk Safaris from Johannesburg, Pretoria, Pilanesberg and Sun City
Picture Gallery 2011 & after
Picture Gallery 2010
Picture Gallery 2009
Picture Gallery 2008
Picture Gallery 2007
Picture Gallery 2006
Picture Gallery 2005
Picture Gallery 2004
It's alphabetical - so save us both time.... and if not on here I will put it up!
Accommodation in the Park only: Staying Friday or Saturday you have to pay for 2 nights min.
Accommodation in and around Sun City. Staying Friday or Saturday you have to pay for 2 nights min.
Accommodation Specials at Pilanesberg
Accommodation Specials at Sun City
Airport at Pilanesberg
Animal studies in Pilanesberg
Bakubung Bush Lodge
Balloon Safaris: In Pilanesberg National Park - R3 750pp - 1 hour, minimum 8 pax!
Black Rhino Game Lodge
Buffalo in the Park
Camping - book direct at 014 555 1000, don't be surprised if you hold 15 minutes and then get cut off.
Cancellation Terms and Conditions
Commission offered to booking agents
Condition of the Veld
Dangers in Pilanesberg
Disclosures: About vehicles used for Pilanesberg and other
Directions - see map
Elephant Back safaris in Pilanesberg.
Entrance fee - see gate times
Etiquette in Game Parks like Pilanesberg for self drives
Friends of Pilanesberg Society - Volunteers helping to maintain the Park.
Gate Times for Pilanesberg National Park
Geology of Pilanesberg National Park
Highlights seen in Pilanesberg the last 2 years:
Don't expect something like this or the animals to stand next to the road waiting. It's not a Zoo!
History of Pilanesberg National Park
Idiot Gallery - Stunts pulled in Pilanesberg National Park by the mentally challenged. Other tour operators are welcome to contribute - I will give you recognition except if you don't want it!
Ivory Tree Game Lodge
Kids on Safari. In Pilanesberg or other parks
Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge
Map and directions to Pilanesberg
Other Parks near Pilanesberg
Other Tour Operators doing Pilanesberg
Packages to Lodges
Picture Gallery - taken by us over the last 8 years in Pilanesberg.
Pilanesberg National Park vs Kruger National Park.
Reading - other re Pilanesberg.
Safety in Pilanesberg
Shepherd's Tree Game Lodge
Testimonials from clients we have taken to Pilanesberg
Things to do in and around Pilanesberg
Transfers only to Pilanesberg and Sun City - one way: charged per vehicle:
Tshukudu Bush Lodge
Veld Condition in the Park
Weather and Climate for Pilanesberg area
What can you hope to see in Pilanesberg?
When to go to Pilanesberg: best time etc
806 Unit 2, Mogwase, Pilanesberg, Office 078 618 8675
PO Box 250 Sun City, 0316 - Updated Feb 2012
All Pilanesberg queries - email@example.com